Sunday, April 19, 2009

Drab! Drab! Drab!

I went to a dinner party last night where there was 12 other people and I really only knew 3 of the folks there. Seeing that it is Spring, I chose to wear my new pink dress which in Seattle is a very bold fashion statement. I normally can't wear pink but this is just a beautiful darker shade that I just love. Since the dress was sleeveless I wore a short sleeve white cardigan and my pointy white kitten heeled pumps. Mental note: those damn shoes are dangerous to walk in after a few too many drinks.

I show up to the party and all the women are dressed in what I call Seattle Drab.....jeans and some earth-toned shirt...I felt a little self conscience since I really didn't know these people that well but I reminded them all that it was Spring and you can officially wear white and other bright colors. After way too much wine, my husband had to listen to me rant about how much I hate the Seattle Drab fashion for the entire ride home. Drab! Drab! Drab! I kept saying to him.

I didn't get to bed until sometime around 1 AM and my kids were up by 7 AM ...Damn them! Here it is 8 AM, my head is pounding, and I'm laying in bed thinking it is never a good idea to stay out late and drink. To add insult to injury, my 3 year old is playing "Pong" with a ballon on my bed as I'm hoping that all the bouncing won't make me vomit. I'll never learn.

1 comment: